Thursday, January 28, 2010

Late January - So it Begins

I would love to have something deeply profound with which to start this journey into sweet success, but as fate would have it, what I have for you is little more than an idea. But, I guess that's why I am here in the first place: To share this idea.

All my life I have been what you could call a "serious hobbyist" when it comes to food. In the past year my attention has turned to candy making to the point that it is no longer so much a hobby as a calling card. Before saying hello at a party, people often ask if I brought treats. I've been referred to as, "That friend of yours who makes chocolate," by complete strangers. Even the owner of my local pack-and-ship is more than happy to trade boxes and bubble wrap for a half dozen Hazelnut Truffles.

And it got me thinking that just maybe I was on to something. So, starting here and starting now, I am making a concentrated effort to see just how far I can take these earthly delights. And I am very glad to have you along for the journey.